I wanted to tell you about an event I went to recently that’s definitely worth looking out for. They have regular, very well organised events usually including pizza and drinks!
Scholarly Social is a social networking group for people involved in scholarly communication (including publishers, librarians, researchers, consultants, intermediaries, and students). They’ve linked up with FuturePub (from Overleaf) to bring us Futurepub7 – an hour of 5-minute talks themed around the future of scientific publishing.
Here’s the basic list of 7 speakers and topics but lots more detail can be found here:
- Reimagining scientific news: How user research led to an entire product redesign, by Sybil Wong and Mimi Keshani
- Publishing Research Ideas and Outcomes, by Ross Mounce
- Peercog: Peer-to-peer recognition from author to reviewer, by Laura Harvey
- Peer to Peer Science, by James Littlejohn
- Automating peer review for research, by Daniel Shanahan
- Peerwith – connecting experts, by Joris van Rossum
- Citizen Science, Open Science & scientific publication, by Muki Haklay