Building Inclusivity in Publishing Event
The day-long conference will look at each component of the publishing industry and the representation of people in each area, from authors to consumers.
The day will encourage the attendees to re-evaluate their ideas of diversity and to see who the real audience are, by drawing on positive examples and personal experiences! By the end of the conference the attendees will know how to build inclusivity within the publishing industry!
As an Equal Opportunities company Atwood Tate are very keen on spreading the word on inclusivity throughout Publishing! Within our company we never discriminate against the candidates, clients or employees we work with, we encourage diversity in publishing! For more information on our Equal Opportunities and Diversity policy click here.
The Inclusivity conference will include panels and speakers from all areas of publishing, including authors, agents and booksellers. Here’s the Conference Programme.
- Crystal Mahey-Morgan, founder, OWN IT! Publishing
- Robyn Travis, author, Mama Can’t Raise No Man
- Tim Hely Hutchinson, Group CEO, Hachette UK
- Louise Clarke, Latimer Group
- Diana Broccardo, Profile Books
- Emad Ahmed, Creative Access and ex-News Statesman
- Sunny Singh, academic and author, co-founder Jhalak Prize
- Siena Parker, Penguin Random House
- Jessica Kingsley, Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Jazzmine Breary, Jacaranda
And many others! For a full list of speakers see here! Conference Speakers.
The panels and case studies look fascinating and we can’t wait to hear the thoughts of everyone who attends!
Be sure to watch out in the days after the conference for a summary blog about the event and the level of inclusivity in publishing, and please say hello to Helen if you see her!