Our industry body, the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) is working hard to help us prepare for Brexit, whatever the outcome.
We are keeping abreast of the latest developments so that we can update you on how an outcome will affect us and employment in the UK generally.
There is a lot of advice for employers from the Government, but I think this link is probably the clearest and most useful as a starting point: https://euexitbusiness.campaign.gov.uk/
There are links on this page to a number of useful publications and resources suitable for Candidates who are wondering what the situation will be for them.
- If you are an EU national and you want to continue living in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/staying-uk-eu-citizen
- If you are an UK Citizen in the EU: https://www.gov.uk/uk-nationals-living-eu
- New EU citizens arriving in UK will be able to stay 3 months before applying for a visa. Following this you will get remain for 36 months.
The key message is: Don’t worry if you’re already working here in the UK, you will be able to stay!
But you will need to
make an application – the EU Settlement Scheme will open by 30 March 2019
and you will be able to apply until 30 June 2021, provided you were resident in
the UK by 31 December 2020.
5 years’ residence will lead to settled status with a bridging pre-settled status for new arrival.
If you do have questions, please do get in touch with us and we can clarify on some of this advice and hopefully point you in the right direction!
Other HMRC links:
2017 has been a great year here at Atwood Tate. Our Temps team are placing record numbers of candidates into temporary roles and are still growing, we’re continuing to build on our B2B desk, and we’ve had a number of new recruits and promotions in the team!
So what’s been happening?
- Almost 4000 new candidates have registered on our website!
- We launched our three new service levels for clients: silver, gold and platinum. Our most popular level is our gold service, which is based on an exclusive partnership with our client and rewards their trust in us by offering our most competitive rates.
- Continued to grow our Social Media accounts, with over 6,000 followers on Twitter and over 5,000 on LinkedIn! We’ve also continued to build up our Instagram account.
- Continued to place our wonderful candidates in Permanent, Contract and Temporary roles with clients both new and established.
New staff joined:
- Alice Crick joined our Oxford office as a Recruitment Consultant! She specialises in Marketing, Sales, Publicity, Rights & International Sales, Contracts & Royalties, and Customer Services (covering all sectors excluding B2B & Medcomms and all UK locations outside of London, Home Counties and East Anglia).
- Andrew Willis joined the team as an Administrator in May, after temping for us at various publishing houses.
- Tanaya Rogers joined our Temps/Freelance team as the Administrator.
- Ellie Heikel joined as the Administrator for the Permanent team and the Social Media Coordinator.
- Claire Carrington-Smith joined us from Bloomsbury in the Oxford office as a Recruitment Consultant. She will be working on Editorial, Production, Production Editorial, Design, Distribution & Operations (covering all sectors excluding B2B & Medcomms and all UK locations outside of London, Home Counties and East Anglia).
- Karine Nicpon is now Lead Consultant across all B2B publishing recruitment in all areas of the country.
- Alison Redfearn in our Temps team has been promoted to Senior Temps/Freelancers Consultant and will continue finding great temps and freelancers focussing in Trade Book and Educational publishing sectors. She also got her REC Certificate in Recruitment Level 3!
- Olivia Constantinides is now a Senior Recruitment Consultant in our Permanent team. Olivia looks after Sales, Marketing, Publicity and Customer Services roles in all sectors (excluding B2B) in London and the Home Counties.
- Christina Dimitriadi was promoted to Senior Recruitment Consultant and also got married! Her main focus is on Rights, International Sales, and Contract roles and Editorial vacancies (excluding STM) in London and the Home Counties.
See our Meet the Team page for contact details for all our consultants.
We’ve had a great year and look forward to working with you all in the New Year. Have a great Christmas and see you on 2nd January 2018!
**Our offices will be closed Monday 25th December – Monday 1st January, reopening Tuesday 2nd January**
We are very excited to have recently launched our three new service levels that we believe reflect our values and strengths and allow us to focus on building partnerships with our clients that work for all of us. These ‘silver’, ‘gold’ and ‘platinum’ service levels are built on transparency, honesty and commitment.
Our most popular level is our ‘gold’ service, which is based on an exclusive partnership with our client and rewards their trust in us by offering our most competitive rates. Our aim is to understand our client’s strategic goals and develop long-term relationships.
Hiring managers often believe that working with more than one Recruitment Agency is an advantage as it can give them greater access to more qualified candidates. In reality, the opposite is often true.
Whilst choosing to put your vacancy with several recruitment agencies can lead to a greater volume of candidates, it does not necessarily result in the best qualified candidates.
Often when recruiters are competing against each other it becomes a race to submit candidates, but these are not necessarily the best candidates. In this scenario it is tempting for recruiters to only concentrate on the most active candidates, whilst in reality you need to go beyond this readily available candidate pool, to create the best short-list for the individual client.
At Atwood Tate, we believe that the most successful hiring practices evolve when we are able to work in an exclusive partnership with our client to become an extension of their company, allowing us to create a bespoke strategy, suitable for their individual need. This takes time and focus, as along with giving you access to the most active candidates, we also rely on our long standing relationships within publishing and fantastic networking streams to find you the best possible match for your team, culture and company aspirations.
To request a copy of our new service levels to see what approach might be right for you, please contact one of our qualified team: Meet the Team
3 great benefits of using our Gold service:
- Agreed recruitment schedule so you can plan ahead, book in interviews and know exactly how long the process should take.
- Formal progress reports mean you’re aware of our progress at regular agreed time stages and we can address any issues quickly.
- Full ‘corporate’ LinkedIn search and External database sourcing so we find the best candidates, not just applicants.