With less than two weeks to go until the 2019 London Book Fair, preparation is well under way! Not booked your ticket yet? You can here: https://www.londonbookfair.co.uk/
We are excited to again be part of one of the biggest events of the year, offering up CV advice and our expert knowledge of the publishing industry at The Careers Clinic (you will need to be registered to attend the London Book Fair to participate but they have a limited number of free London Book Fair tickets).
Would you like to meet us at the fair or after at our office near Bond Street station? Give our administrator a call on 0203 574 4420 to book an appointment!
NB: We’re running an Evening CV / Get registered Surgery event on Wednesday 6th March and you can book an appointment for anytime up until 7pm!
We are feeling extra excited because for the first time there will be a live podcast stage! With a line-up that includes Ian McEwan and Daisy Buchanan, the podcasts will be happening over the three days at The Fireside Chat Stage. You can find the podcasts events here: https://publishingperspectives.com/2019/02/london-book-fair-announces-inaugural-podcast-lineup-smartphones-pew-research/ Make sure to check it out!
Are you a first timer?
- Plan your travel! (There are direct bus routes and Kensington Olympia has its own railway station)
- Check out the lists of exhibitors and plan who you want to visit
- Bring a big bag! (You may want to pick up leaflets and information)
- There will be lots of free seminars, make sure to attend one
- Take a notepad and pen – exhibitor stands and what they are promoting will give you industry insight that you can use in an interview
- Network as much as you can
- Follow up on all connections made
- Most importantly – visit our consultants at The Careers Clinic
Are you a regular attendee? (Authors, agents, publishers)
We don’t need to tell you what to do!
But make sure you are stocked up on business cards and have planned the exhibitors you are most interested in and the seminars you want to attend!
Three of our fabulous consultants will be at The Careers Clinic!
Meet Clare Chan – Clare works on Production, non-tech Project Management, Design, Operations, Sales, Rights & International Sales in London and the Home Counties https://www.linkedin.com/in/clare-chan-6437b068/
Meet Kellie Millar – Kellie is the manager of our temps and freelancers desk and also recruits for all Administration, HR and Finance roles https://uk.linkedin.com/in/kelliemillar
Meet Faye Jones – Faye works on Editorial (B2B & Professional), Sales, Marketing and Rights in Oxford and all areas outside London and the Home Counties https://www.linkedin.com/in/faye-jones-a94344147/